Japanese Seafood Burger
- 150g Shrimp meat
- 3 pcs scallops
- 1 tablespoon onion, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- Some breadcrumbs
- Some shredded lettuce
- 2 high-fibre burger buns
Wasabi Tartar sauce:
- 50ml light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Wasabi
- 1/2 teaspoon Japanese soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pickled cucumber
- A little pepper
- Remove the vein from shrimp, diced 1/3, stir the remaining into paste; dice scallop.
- Mix the shrimp, scallop and onion together, add 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Stir well and divide into 2 portions.
- Shape each portion into burger-like. Dip into beaten egg, pat with breadcrumb.
- Deep-fry the seafood burger until golden. Drain
- Sandwich the buns with seafood burger, lettuce and Wasabi Tartar sauce.
Nutritional information per serving:
Serving size: 1 burger
Total Calories: 475 kcal
Carbohydrates: 37.5 g
Protein: 29.4 g Fat: 22.6 g
Cholesterol: 259 mg
To eat in a healthier way, substitute whole wheat or high fibre bread instead of white bread. Oil should be boiled up before adding the burger in, this can prevent the burger from absorbing too much oil. Adding shredded lettuce could make the recipe healthier, and fibre can also slower down glucose absorption rate, such that blood glucose level can rise at a lower rate.
Source: Towngas Cooking Centre