Youth Diabetes Action (YDA) is committed to protecting your privacy.
Types of Data Collected
This website may also place a “cookie” on your machine, for example to provide personalized services. This information may include, but not limited to, relevant login and authentication details as well as information relating to your activities and preferences across this website. Failure to supply such data may result in YDA being unable to provide its services to you.
Purposes for which data are used
Data collected or to be collected by YDA may be used for the
1. sending to you direct marketing and promotional materials of services provided by and events organised by YDA;
2. handling and following up enquiries and donations and matters related hereto;
3. conducting visitor, donor, volunteer and service surveys;
5. meeting the requirements to make disclosure under requirements of any law binding on YDA;
6. purposes relating thereto.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Data held by YDA relating to you will be kept confidential. YDA
may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly
related purpose, for which the data was collected provide such data to the
1. any subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, or affiliates of YDA;
2. any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides services to YDA, its subsidiaries, holding companies, affiliates, and associated companies in connection with the operation of their business;
3. any other person or company who is under a duty of confidentiality to YDA, its subsidiaries, holding companies, affiliates, and associated companies and has undertaken to keep such information confidential.
4. any person or persons who have a right under the Ordinance to gain access to such data.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
You have the right to:
1. check whether YDA holds any personal data relating to you and the right of access to such data;
2. require YDA to correct any data relating to you which is inaccurate; and
3. ascertain YDA policies and practices in relation to personal data.
Request for access and correction of data and the kinds of data held should be addressed in writing to:
Youth Diabetes Action
Flat B17, 9/F, Block B
94 To Kwa Wan Road, To Kwa Wan
YDA may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or permitting corrections to your information.
Our Cookies Policy
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by the websites that you visit. They make your online interactions faster and easier.
Types of cookies
On this website we use two types of cookies:
Session Cookies: These are temporary cookies which are stored during your browsing session. They are automatically deleted from your computer or device when you close your browser.
Some of the things we use session cookies for include:
- allowing you to move from page to page on our website
- remembering what you have in your shopping basket
- allowing us to take payment for and complete your order
Persistent Cookies: These are cookies which are not deleted from your computer or device after you have visited our website. These cookies help us to remember you and your preferences when you come back to this website.
Some of the things we use persistent cookies for include:
- remembering your journey around our website
- remembering your preferences when you come back to our website
- allowing you to interface with social media sites
Cookies we use
Below contains details of the cookies YDA uses and why. The data YDA collects and records via cookies are completely anonymous. The data will never contain any of your personal details.
Google Analytics – Collects information about how our visitors use our website. We use this information to help us improve the website. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form such as the number of visitors to our site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Facebook Cookies/Tracking Pixels – Collects information about how our visitors use our website. We use this information to help us improve the website. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form such as the number of visitors to our site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
How do I manage cookies?
Most web browsers allow you to control cookies through your browser settings. You can check how to manage cookies by clicking on the link below which relates to your browser:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
If your web browser is not detailed above or you are using a mobile device, please consult your user manual or online help guide for details on how to control cookies. To find out more about cookies and how to manage them, you may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please remember that all of the links above are third party websites. We do not endorse them and are not responsible for their contents.
What happens if I disable cookies?
If you disable cookies it may affect the service you receive from our website and other websites. For example you may not be able to view images.
Please remember that if you wish to disable cookies you will need to do this each time you visit our website.
YDA Cookies Policy does not cover any third party websites that are linked to YDA. If you click through to these websites, they may set cookies on your computer. To understand which cookies are used by these companies and how they use your data, please read their privacy and cookies policies. We accept no responsibility or liability for these third party websites.