There are lots of things you have to think about when you have diabetes. Let’s try to break it down to five easy steps that we think will help you keep well with diabetes.
- Regularly test your blood glucose levels and take your insulin.
- Eat meals and snacks at the right time and keep active.
- Be prepared for a hypo. Make sure you always carry some fast-acting carbohydrate food with you.
- Wear something to let people know you have diabetes and also in your diabetes kit include phone numbers of your mum and dad, in case of an emergency.
- Don’t miss any check-ups. See your doctor, diabetes nurse and other healthcare professionals often and let them know if you have any concerns.
Having diabetes doesn’t mean you have to stop doing anything that you would normally do.
We hope the following sections will help you learn more about your diabetes: